Welcome News for the Fusion Middleware community
The Fusion Middleware community welcomes the news from Oracle of a new Oracle Fusion Middleware version, one several years in the making. The current Long Term Support (LTS) version of the Oracle Fusion Middleware stack is 126.96.36.199 which was released in 2016. Then with Weblogic Server 14.1.1 released back in March 2020, this only included Weblogic Server and Coherence only. So with this development, this new release of Oracle Fusion Middleware will be 14.1.2 and is expected during the 2024 calendar year, with the following products planned for inclusion:
- WebLogic Server, Coherence and Oracle HTTP Server
- JDeveloper and ADF;
- SOA Suite and BPM Suite;
- WebCenter Portal, WebCenter Content, and WebCenter Sites;
- Forms and Reports;
- Oracle Data Integrator and Enterprise Data Quality;
This will come as welcome news as Oracle customers look to keep their existing investments at the leading edge of technology and where applicable, understand how existing on-premise integration solutions can work better with the cloud more natively. As a side note, Myst supports all these products for the complete lifecycle.
Features included (from the Statement of Direction):
The next planned release of Oracle Fusion Middleware is Oracle Fusion Middleware 14.1.2, which will be built on updated versions of WebLogic Server and Coherence 14.1.2, with features and enhancements in areas such as:
- the latest Java technologies -JDK 11 & 17 runtime, Jakarta EE 8 and GraalVM;
- cloud native application development and deployment, including alignment with Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) recommended technologies;
- security and compliance enhancements to address modern security and regulatory requirements; and
- interoperability in hybrid cloud and multi-cloud environments.
The latest release of the Fusion Middleware Statement of Direction can be found at https://www.oracle.com/a/ocom/docs/middleware/fusion-middleware-statement-of-direction.pdf and the June 2023 version has been used as the basis of this post. Further, you can check Oracle Support Doc ID 2955322.1 titled WebLogic 14.1.2 Release Date for updates on the supporting Weblogic Server 14.1.2 release date.